With a wide range of rock, soil and land types, production of wool, cattle and wheat form the core of our region, with strong growth in horticulture, dairy farming and viticulture.
Comments are welcome until 3 November 2015 on the first draft statewide planning framework for travelling stock reserves. Download the framework and a fact sheet.
Applications are open until 14 October for eligible not-for-profit legal entities to host a Local Landcare Coordinator. Download the guidelines and application form.
Locust activity will be increasing soon. Report all locust sightings to help us protect our primary industries.
Events in our region
Find out what events are being run by the Central West LLS and our partners.
Four online tools are available to help landholders determine whether their clearing activities require approval.
Staff and services
Want to contact your local LLS office or talk to one of our staff?
Interested in the latest news, events and updates across the central west? In less than a minute you can sign up to our newsletter to hear about agricultural production, biosecurity, natural resource management and emergency management.
- Swill feeding - what's not for lunch?
23 September 2015
- New era for travelling stock reserves: draft framework launched
22 September 2015
- Farmers warned to prepare for locust hatchings in coming months
21 September 2015
- Latest cropping research trials at spring agronomy field day
18 September 2015
- Applications open for Local Landcare Coordinator positions
14 September 2015
- Local Land Services mock emergency trains team for real thing
09 September 2015