With a wide range of rock, soil and land types, production of wool, cattle and wheat form the core of our region, with strong growth in horticulture, dairy farming and viticulture.
Lodge your annual land and stock return by 31 August to help safeguard biosecurity and ensure market access for NSW producers.
The rates you pay to Local Land Services allow your local region to fund the services it provides to landholders and contribute to other important statewide functions.
A summary of our first year's local achievements is now available.
Key achievements from Local Land Services' first year of operation are outlined in a publication that highlights statewide results as well as case studies from the 11 regions.
Four online tools are available to help landholders determine whether their clearing activities require approval.
Staff and services
Want to contact your local LLS office or talk to one of our staff?
Interested in the latest news, events and updates across the central west? In less than a minute you can sign up to our newsletter to hear about agricultural production, biosecurity, natural resource management and emergency management.
Events in our region
Find out what events are being run by the Central West LLS and our partners...
- Annual Land and Stock Returns vital in emergency management
29 June 2015
- Local Land Services working with students to capture carbon
24 June 2015
- Bloat deaths in cattle – Local land Services warning to graziers
24 June 2015
- Community Advisory Groups up and running in central west
22 June 2015
- Central West reserves under spotlight for illegal littering
09 June 2015
- Landholders flock together to talk sheep
03 June 2015