With a wide range of rock, soil and land types, production of wool, cattle and wheat form the core of our region, with strong growth in horticulture, dairy farming and viticulture.
The rates you pay to Local Land Services allow your local region to fund the services it provides to landholders and contribute to other important statewide functions.
A summary of our first year's local achievements is now available.
Key achievements from Local Land Services' first year of operation are outlined in a publication that highlights statewide results as well as case studies from the 11 regions.
Four online tools are available to help landholders determine whether their clearing activities require approval.
Staff and services
Want to contact your local LLS office or talk to one of our staff?
Interested in the latest news, events and updates across the central west? In less than a minute you can sign up to our newsletter to hear about agricultural production, biosecurity, natural resource management and emergency management.
Events in our region
Find out what events are being run by the Central West LLS and our partners...
- Plan ahead and save - Lamb survival webinar
21 May 2015
- Latest info on stress free stock handling available at workshop
18 May 2015
- Local environmental leaders to meet in Parkes
13 May 2015
- Improve your on farm water security
12 May 2015
- Dubbo district vet Evelyn Walker re-joins Central West LLS team
06 May 2015
- Wild dog destroyed: Central West landholders & LLS collaborative effort
29 April 2015