With a wide range of rock, soil and land types, production of wool, cattle and wheat form the core of our region, with strong growth in horticulture, dairy farming and viticulture.
The rates you pay to Local Land Services allow your local region to fund the services it provides to landholders and contribute to other important statewide functions.
A summary of our first year's local achievements is now available.
Key achievements from Local Land Services' first year of operation are outlined in a publication that highlights statewide results as well as case studies from the 11 regions.
Four online tools are available to help landholders determine whether their clearing activities require approval.
Report locust activity
Help us better prepare for locust season in central west NSW by reporting any locust activity in your region.
Staff and services
Want to contact your local LLS office or talk to one of our staff?
Interested in the latest news, events and updates across the central west? In less than a minute you can sign up to our newsletter to hear about agricultural production, biosecurity, natural resource management and emergency management.
Events in our region
Find out what events are being run by the Central West LLS and our partners...
- Locust update: Landholders to mark egg beds in preparation for spring
08 April 2015
- Locust update: Cool weather reduces movement; watch for egg laying
31 March 2015
- Recent rain sparks warnings for locust hatching in central west NSW
26 March 2015
- Locust update: monitor for laying, check for eggs and report any activity
24 March 2015
- Locust update: watch for laying, check for eggs, be prepared for hatching
17 March 2015
- Time running out to nominate for LLS Community Advisory Groups
13 March 2015