Forbes small landholding information workshop
27th May 2017 9:00am-1:30pm
Forbes Youth & Community Centre
Do you own a small landholding in the Forbes region?
Do you want the latest information on your roles and responsibilities and how to manage and make the most out of your land?
Central West Local Land Services are partnering with Forbes Shire Council, Central West Lachlan Landcare, NSW Police, NSW Rural Fire Service and SafeWork NSW to run a FREE practical workshop with focusing on small landholdings.
What to bring?
- Weeds for identification (include plant roots, stems, flower/seed head – in a sealed plastic bag)
- Notebook and pen.
Morning tea included
The workshop aims to answer questions such as:
- Am I eligible for the $1,000 SafeWork NSW quad bike rebate?
- Do I need a Property Identification Code (PIC) for my holding?
- What can Local Land Services do for me?
- Can I use a Travelling Stock Reserve (TSR)?
- How do I know if my sheep are wormy?
- What sort of weed control is required on my property?
- Why is “groundcover” important?
- Who is responsible for fencing between neighbours?
- How can I secure my property over the holiday period?
- Can I use surveillance cameras?
- What should I do to control straying dogs or stock on the road?
- How do I plan and prepare for the fire season ahead?
- Where is my nearest Landcare group?
For further information or to register, please contact Chris Robinson on 0447 636 129 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
RSVP essential for catering purposes by Thursday 11th May.
Attendees will receive a FREE copy of the Rural Living Handbook - a guide for rural landholders
This project is supported by Central West Local Land Services through funding from the Australian Government’s National Landcare Programme and Catchment Action NSW.