Nominations open for new Community Advisory Group
15 May 2018
Central West Local Land Services has invited people with an interest in their community, its natural resources and agricultural productivity to consider nominating for a new Community Advisory Group.
Up to 15 volunteers are needed for the group, which will replace three previous advisory groups that focused specifically on natural resource management, agriculture and industry special interests.
Board member, Chris Sweeney said the new advisory group would act as a link between local communities and Central West Local Land Services.
“The role of the new Community Advisory Group will be to provide advice and strategic input to the board and to act as a forum for consultation when we are developing strategies and planning the best way to deliver our services,” Mr Sweeney said.
“This is a fantastic opportunity to contribute to matters concerning productive agriculture, native vegetation, biosecurity and natural resource management in the central west region.”
The board is looking for people who can represent the interests of the communities of the central west, which includes Dubbo, Wellington, Coonamble, Condobolin, Coonabarabran, Nyngan, Parkes and Forbes.
The committee will meet four times a year. Interested community members should live within the Central West Local Land Services area and display:
- demonstrated connections within the local community
- knowledge and understanding of the key factors impacting sustainable agriculture, native vegetation, biosecurity and natural resource management in the central west region
- an ability to understand and analyse complex issues
- well-developed communication skills
- a willingness to work as part of a team
- a commitment to adhere to the applicable NSW Department of Industry Code of Conduct
- an understanding of Local Land Services functions
- an appreciation of Government protocols and processes.
The current Aboriginal Community Advisory Group will remain in place until June 2019.
More information and the nomination form is at www.centralwest.lls.nsw.gov.au
Nominations close at 5 pm on 18 May.
Media contact: Donna Ambler, Central West Local Land Services, Phone: 0400 258 690